Yarn website...Smiley's

LeslieJo

Smileys always makes me smile. I ordered some Wendy Peter Pan in Baby Dots a couple of days ago. I had previously ordered 10 skeins with another order in November. It is just so soft and the color is delicious (baby dots). I had to have more.I'll make a round blankie and layette, and maybe there will be enough left for something else (I'll have a total of 22 skeins).

oh, i've been there. i've got a huge wishlist. now i'm waiting for the taxes to get done or to get a job so i'll have enough to make a $30 purchase without guilt.i couldn't believe some of the prices. glad to hear they have good service.

Oh, I love the baby dots! Was wondering if it's soft. I have so much baby yarn now, though, that I don't think I can justify ordering it, unless the colors of the dots would match maybe some of the blue, or pink, or yellow, or green that I already have on hand. Hmmmm. I wonder if I could sneak $30 worth of yarn into the house without my BH knowing about it...maybe if I left enough yarn out in the open, it would disguise the new stuff...you know, hide the tree in the forest...

Love smileys. Someone from here hooked me up with them when I was looking for Wendy's Peter Pan a while back.

Ive got some mint green and the dots that Im going to make something with, just havent decided what. Its a little too girly for the one Ive got coming in about 6 weeks.

wow you can buy a lot of yarn for $30. Its a shame they limit it to that . that is cheap for yarn

that isnt a limit that is a MINIMUM .. you must buy AT LEAST 30 dollars worth....

i have not bought from them simply because at buying minimum the shipping is sstill 9.95.. so that makes it really 40 dollars.. i know when i do purchase from them .. it wi ll be more than that so i get my moneys worth out of my shipping as well

I bought some from them I'll have to show pics, it was when they had the "40 dollars worth of free stuff when you order" type thing got some knitting needles and a bunch of knitting pattern books which are cool.

I really thoguht they were great to work with. Will probably order again but will wait until it's worth it cuz like Elizabeth said, it's still 40 counting postage.

I got some Softer Mohair from them when it was $1.99; what a deal. It's really pretty, and it's a sport weight, not a bulky, so I can make baby things!! They have some really great buys. You should also try discountyarnsale.com for some great prices on designer yarns. :hook

Yes, do make sure you do the math. It really is a $40 order, but I have found that their prices are so good that even when I factor in the $9.95 shipping, it is still less per skein than I can find anywhere else.

As an aside, I thought I'd mention that I am a bit disappointed with the last order I received (still waiting for another). Las night I was making my little round baby blanket with the baby dots and one skein had 6 sections where it had been tied. I don't think that is acceptable. Haven't had a chance to go back to the website to check, but I don't recall any verbiage as to their yarn being mill ends, or seconds. I hope that was a fluke and I'm not going to run into that again.

You know, I run into that with yarn bought at Hobby Lobby and other places too; so it's probably a common thing with the "regular" yarns. I'd say it's probably more a brand thing than a "store" thing. :blush

Archived