Anybody tried felted soap?

Chrome Kitty

I didn't take any pictures, but I wrapped it in dark green and then did a diagonal piece of red and a piece of merino in one corner. I only used it a few times. It's a weird feeling washing with fuzzy soap. I doubt I'll do it again because I don't know if I can get used to the feel of it and my daughter refuses to touch it:lol . Every time I look at it, the :devil in me wonders if any of my enemies are allergic to wool and if they'd like a pretty bar of soap to wash with.:lashes

Here we like to use them to give to our men when they work outdoors, we put them on the water tank stand or in the laundry. They are terriffic for that my hubby is a truck driver and he would use it if i made him one, especially with a handle on. Maybe its cause i live in the country or maybe its a cultural thing. Or maybe we just have grottier men LOL !

I made a bunch of these soaps and gave them out as Christmas presents. (I used the instructions at Mielke's too.) They seemed to go over quite well. Everyone was fascinated by the idea and wanted to hear exactly how I did it.

Oh, and I have one that I made for myself a while back. I actually like the way it feels and it seems to lather up way better than just a bar of soap alone.

I had several around for a while, until my husband who is an RN decided they were unsanitary. I thought they were fine, but he insisted they would harbor bacteria. I liked the way it lathers up and used one with a hole in one end to save soap scraps.

Deb

Archived