Tunisian books

swapnae

I saw there had been some discussion on this here before, but I was wondering if anyone had the chance to use their books on Tunisian crochet yet? Which do you have an which would you recommend?

I like that kit which comes with hooks and the 101 stitches book I think:think

How about the Encylopedia of Tunisian Crochet by Ms Grabowski?

Any others? I want to add the right one to my wishlist:devil

• 3 weeks later...

Encyclopedia of Tunisian Crochet is THE book to get! Angela Grabowski covers everything on Tunisian: tutorials, tons of Tunisian stitches, patterns, tips, history of Tunisian.

Other publications in my library on Tunisian Stitch that you might find of interest:

Leisure Arts: Teach Yourself Tunisian Crochet - Step-by-Step Guide

Teach Yourself Afghan Stitch (had this one for over 25 years

now -- not sure if it's available)

52 Tunisian Crochet Stitches Combine To Make An Afghan

Sampler

Annie's Attic How To Create Picture Afghans

101 Easty Tunisian Stitches

Afghans For The Family

Tunisian Baby Afghans

Tunisian Sampler Afghan

Carolyn Christmas Designs: Easy Tunisian Crochet Entrelac

Easy Tunisian Crochet Sampler Afghan

Better Homes & Gardens: Afghan Stitch Crochet

Yahoo! Groups: Moez Crochet

Book: Mo-cheting Made E-Z

Hope this helps.

If anyone out there knows of any others, please let me know.

Moonspinner, do you know if that encyclopedia one gives tutorials on "illusion" crochet stitches? That is something I have wanted to do, and I found that wonderful pattern in Crochet! or Crochet Fantasy, but it really doesn't explain very well how to do it.

Thanks.

hmmm....illusion crochet? I could not find anything about illusion crochet in Angela Grabowski's encyclopedia. However, she does talk about using color and texture for diversity, i.e., light and dark, movement in color. Sorry I couldn't find anything more.

Thanks, Moonspinners, for the listing of books. I have one Tunisian hook, and the 101 Easy Tunsisan stiches from Annie's Attic. And, to be frank, the Annie's Attic book made no sence to me. I like the small section in my Readers Diegets' Ultimate Handbook of KNitting and Crochet. THe Tunisian section is only a few pages long, but it makes sence to me. I will try looking into some of thoses books you listed. Maybe one of htem will make sence to me.

So it's not just me that has issues with those books. I feelt a little bit better.

I am thinking about starting a project with my one Tunisian hook and something from my yarn stash. I had tried a while ago to do Tunisian, and had lots of problems with my hook rotating on me. Then, though another thread on this site, I found out that I am supposed to use one size smaller yarn with the Tunisian hook, than with a regular hook.

Archived