Favorite Scrap Afghan Pattern

Hi, everyone, and Happy New Year!

I so enjoy this forum and have learned lots from all of your posts.

This year I would like to use up most of my yarn making scrap afghans. I have made several granny square afghans in the past, and would like to use some other patterns.

My question to you is: what is your favorite scrap afghan pattern? Please tell me the name of the book or the web site where it can be located. Thanks so much.

Happy Crocheting!

Sharon

Hi Sharon and welcome! Right now we are doing several Crochet-Alongs made with scraps. We are doing the Lace & Bobbles Scrap Afghan and the Sampler Stripes Afghan. Both patterns are in the LA booklet "Scrap Yarn Afghans" If you need help finding the booklet, please PM me and I'll try and point you in the right direction... :)

I'm doing the Lace and Bobbles afghan and I love it. It has taught me a few new stiches.

Sprtsbear - the name of the LA book is "Scrap Yarn Afghans Book Two". Here is a link to the book on ebay (this auction ended though)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8246969656&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The second picture is the lace and bobbles and the third is the sampler stripes

My Favorites are:

Floral Quilt - Scrap Yarn Afghans leaflet #101131 by House of White Birches

Fans to crochet - Scrap Yarn Afghans leaflet #883 by Leisure Arts

Brilliant Contrast - page 92 A Year of Afghans Book 5 by Leisure Arts

Kaleidoscope - Contest Favorites Baby Afghans by Leisure Arts (19 Best Designs from the Crochet With Heart Baby Afghan Contest

I have made quite a few of Kaleidoscope and everyone LOVES them. I do them with pastels for babys but you could just make more squares and do them in brights for a regular scrap afghan.

Lynn

Archived