Favorite Child's Poncho?

Next month, we will be attending my husband's grandparent's 50th anniversary celebration. It will be held after Mass, so the attire is like "church clothes", nothing too fancy. My son is wearing slacks, long sleeve shirt, knit vest and tie. For the girls I was thinking slacks, long sleeve cotton tops and matching ponchos. Here's the problem...the poncho! I have to actually make it first, lol So..I'm asking for opinions on your favorite "dressy" child's poncho. I have a few that I like..but none have said :eek just yet!

Any suggestions would be great!

Donna

You can create your own with your favorite lacy stitch. Just determine how big of a hole you need to fit around the girls' neck and shoulders, making sure it is the right multiple for the stitch you are using, and continue. This will create a "round" poncho without points. I think any lacy stitch with a pretty yarn (mohair like, glittery, anything fancy) will make a gorgeous poncho.

I think the Lacy Shells poncho is pretty too.

Personally, I think any poncho pattern would work, it is the yarn you use that will make it dressy or plain.

Best of luck.

Hi -

Take a look at the Lionbrandyarn website...They have a great child's poncho made with multicolored yarn and fun fur along the edges....It is very easy to make as it is only two rectangles stitched together and they look really good. What makes it dressy is the yarn you choose....Enjoy:lol

This is my favorite child's poncho pattern:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031210185942/http://www.stephthornton.co.uk/crochet/poncho.htm

I've made it about 5 times. The yarn you use can either dress it up or down.

Here are some that I've made :) ( i haven't add the fringe to it)

This one is todler sized with Baby yarn

DSC01366.jpg

This one is more dressy (it's todler sized) and I made it with TLC Amore and some other fancy fury yarn I had in my stash

DSC00939.jpg

All I did to make different sizes was to just stop crocheting when the poncho was long enough for the person I was making it for :hook

Archived