Crochet hook disguized as a pen!

I found this today while browsing ebay. Interesting little gadget, but I would think it would be akward to use. Just thought I would share this with everyone, its kinda neat. :hook

That's cute. It's my favorite Bic pen, too. This ebayer has 100% positive feedback, so I don't think they're trying to pull anything over on us Linda, just trying to create a market. But I don't think it would work for me. If only that small portion of the hook comes out of the end (and I suspect that is the case), then that's not enough for me.

I noticed that the tatting website where I buy my thread from sells them for $7.50 -- the starting price the eBay seller posted. She has them in 2 sizes.

http://www.hhtatting.com/category_results.cfm?Category=4

I found this today while browsing ebay. Interesting little gadget, but I would think it would be akward to use. Just thought I would share this with everyone, its kinda neat. :hook

I fly a lot and I've never had a hook confiscated. I flew last year to England, Taiwan, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico, and a lot of US cities. I've carried small thread hooks (size 9) and aluminum yarn hooks.

The closest I came to any problem was on one domestic flight. I was using a size C hook and the woman sitting next to me paged the flight attendant to report that I was using a potential weapon. The flight attendant told her crochet hooks were on the list as okay to bring on board.

Even after 9/11 crochet hooks were okay although whether to allow a hook was up to the individual inspector.

The round metal thread cutters that are disguised as a pendant worn around the neck are specifically not allowed because the casing can be removed and a sort of razor blade is then exposed. I carry a dental floss container to cut thread or yarn.

Thats neat! It would probably be awkward to use but it would come in handy on a plane, I have never flown but I have heard that they are confiscateing hooks and needles....

Archived