Cross stitching over sc

Oh my sweet Jesus ... I really don't know where I got the bright idea to make an afghan out of sc then do a cross stitch picture of Taz on it..:think ...Holy mackerel.. I've had a couple hard times with crochet but this took the cake...Why am I having so much trouble.:think ..The blanket is made correctly and everything is good. I already had to cut out alllllll the legs cause they didn't even look like legs...it looked like he had some kind of outta this world crippling disease or something ...and I know how to cross stitch. Do any of you guys who have tried this have so much trouble? I wanna keep going with this cause its for my sons birthday and he loves Taz but i'm startin to hate the critter.

I will never do this again either....After I was done with the blanket part...I saw a post here that another crocheter did the same blanket but she did color changes instead of x stitch...was that smart or what....lol it just never ocurred to me . But I know better now...:lol

I once did a baby blanket this way. All sc in a deep maroon with a off white x-stitch pattern (similar to a sampler) over the top. Then I lined the back with a maroon and pin-fabric and put on a crochet trim. It was gorgeous, I loved working on it and regret that I ever gave it away :blush

Hi Pink...I got your pm and its ok if you chuckle ...my niece tell me the same thing....they say they always crack up when I write to them cause they say they think their talking straight to me...:lol and yeah I saw your cross stitching and it looks nice

I'm gonna try and send you a picture of what is suposseeeddd to be part of Taz...lol

I just pm'd you...hopefully the photo will help some.

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time...and I'm sorry for giggling but you write so descriptively I can't help but chuckle!

Archived