convert Lacy lattice Knit stitch to Crochet

Sonny321

Question

I have a knitted tunic sweater that I ADORE. It's my favorite sweater. It's starting to fall apart and I'd like to attempt to crochet a replica ( or as similar as I can). I've researched the stitch and it's the Lacy lattice stitch found here: http://knitting.about.com/library/bllacylattice.htm Do you know of a crochet stitch that comes close?

4 answers to this question

I saw this thread when you posted it a few days ago, and even though I haven't replied, I haven't forgotten about it, either!! lol!

Last night I was looking thru my Harmony guides for a lace stitch for a totally separate project, but I did find maybe 4 or 5 stitches that look like they are pretty close to what you're looking for. I'd give you more info on them but I'm about to go to work and I just don't have the time right now. If you email or PM me [thru my profile] I should be able to get back to you with some pics tonight when I have a bit more time.

To convert the stitches to crochet would look something like this, or at least this is my best guess.

Multiple of 6 sts plus 2

Sc in the 2nd chain from loop and across, ch 1, turn.

Row 1 (RS): sc, *ch 1, sc, sc3tog, sc, ch 1, sc; rep from * to end, ch 1, turn

Row 2 and all even rows: sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 3: sc, ch 2, sc2tog, ch 2, *sc 3, ch 2, sc2tog, ch 2; rep from *, end with 2 sc, ch 1 turn

Row 4: sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 5: sc2tog, sc, ch 1, sc, ch 1, sc, *sc3tog, sc, ch 1, sc, ch 1, sc; rep from *, end sc2tog, ch 1 turn

Row 6: sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 7: sc2tog, ch 1, sc 3, ch 1, *ch 1, sc2tog, ch 2, sc 3, ch 1; rep from *, end ch 1, sc 2, ch 1, turn

Row 8: sc across, ch 1 turn

Rep rows 1-8.

You will have to play with it a bit and maybe adjust the stitches. Maybe hdc instead of sc (remember to increase your starting chain to include the proper number of turning chain, if you change the stitch). It is not going to be exact of course, but this is as close as I could come, since there are some knit techniques (like pass slip stitch over) that do not convert to crochet easily, as far as I know. Maybe someone that has done it before will have some other suggestions. Good luck.

I just looked through "101 Stitches for Afghans" and think pattern #90 is fairly close to what you are looking for. It's an easy stitch so you might want to work it up to see how it compares:

Foundation ch: multiple of 4+2

Row 1 (rs):

In 2nd ch from hook work (sc, 2dc); *ch2, sk next 3 chs, in next ch work (sc, 2dc); rep from * to last 4 chs; sk next 3 chs, dc in last ch. Ch 1, turn.

Rows 2:

In first dc work (sc, 2dc); ch 2, sk next 2 dc, next sc, and next ch-2 sp; in next dc work (sc, 2dc); * ch 2, sk next dc, next sc, and next ch-2 sp; in next dc work (sc, 2dc); rep from * to last 2 sts; sk next dc, dc in last sc. Ch 1, turn.

Rep row 2 for desired length.

Hope this is useful.

Archived