Jo-Ann's Sparkle Hook Sizes

donnalynn2

Question

Last night at Jo-Anns I bought a package of their Acrylic Crochet Hooks because they were so pretty with all their sparkles and because they were on sale "$3.49 for the set" and I love love love them... However I can't find sizes on any of them... Can anyone help me figure out the sizes of these things??? Should I just measure them? What part do I measure??? THANKS!

9 answers to this question

Donna, they're on there believe it or not. They're just reaaally hard to see! My mom gave me the set for Christmas (I was visiting so we did Christmas last week), and I found them on the very end. The first two are also written the opposite way most are, that is you can only read them if you're holding the hook in your left hand. It's really silly. I have my set sitting with me, so looking at them, what they all say exactly is:

yellow-- J 10 6

blue-- K 10 1/2 6 1/2

purple-- L 8mm

pink -- M 9mm

turquoise-- N 10mm

red-- P 11 1/2mm

Hope that helps-- they're such cute hooks! :D

The numbers are very hard to read, but I managed to see them by studying them up close near a window...I first had to feel the writing to find out if it was there:lol The pink one is M 9mm, aqua is N/10mm, yellow is J/6, blue K/10.5(6mm), purple is L/8mm, and red is P/11.5

Thank you, Luckygrrl - I've been straining my eyes to see what sizes these pretty hooks are! I could feel the markings and even tried taking a 'brass rubbing' type thing but was still unable to figure it out and as these are my only large hooks I had nothing to compare them to.

So huge thanks to the girl with really good eyes!

EDIT: Didn't see your post there, Karen, thanks to you too!

Thanks so much! Looking at them it looked like the Yellow was a J, It works so much better with that hook than with the aluminum on what I'm working on now. I'm using 2 strands of Simply Soft and with the alum hook I kept losing one of the loops... THANKS so much to you wonderful crocheters with good eyes!!!

my joanns didnt have hooks just knitting needles anyone know if i can find them elsewhere

Actually I had to look for these... They were in a bin with the knitting needles. The only reason I was even looking for them is because they had a sign saying they were on sale. All the crochet hooks were in the back of the bin so I had to move all the knitting needles to get to them... Hope you find them! They are my new favorite hooks!!!! And at $3.49 I'm very tempted to buy another set!

Archived