snowflake doily

jml

Question

Hi. I'm 14 and I love to crochet. I'm working on a doily and I can't figure out the 8th round. It reads: Ch4,tr in next dc,*ch 7,sl st in 4th ch from hook(picot made), ch3, skip 4 dc, dc in next 7 dc, cli 7, picot, ch 3, skip 4 dc, tr in next 2 dc. Repeat from*around. Join.

This round is supposed to begin making twelve points in the doily, but when I finished there were only nine, and the ends didn't match up for joining. Maybe I'm misunderstanding CLI 7 ?? I thought it meant to cluster the next 7 double stitches. Thanks.

Jessica

5 answers to this question

,*ch 7,sl st in 4th ch from hook(picot made), ch3, skip 4 dc, dc in next 7 dc, cli 7, picot, ch 3, skip 4 dc, tr in next 2 dc. Repeat from*around looking at this pattern format where it says rep from * around you ch 7 sl st in 4th ch from hook that is picot made ch3 sk 4 dc dc in next 7 dc, then start over again with ch7 picot ch3 sk 4 dc tr in next 2dc. hope this helps :):hook

I've always found that on patterns that just don't make sense, sometime it helps to type it out (or write it out) seperating each step onto a sepreate line - maybe even with a blank line in between. Sometimes this makes things a little clearer since you don't have to read the whole thing to find your place.

Archived