Pattern ???

SmileGirl

Question

Am afraid that I will have more than a few question with this one.

I am trying to make worm.

ch 2

rnd 1: work 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook (got that part), place marker to mark beg of rnd.

rnd 2: (sc in sc, 2 sc in next sc -- inc made) around -- 12 sts. huh.gif

Please explain.

It also said to work with double strand, how do you do it, do you undo the ball and make it double or do you cut a long piece of strand and double it?

11 answers to this question

I can't help you with the pattern because I don't understand it either

but when a pattern calls for 2 strands I use 2 skiens of yarn or wind 2 balls from one skien.

Hope this helps.

Corky

What part is it you don't understand? After you work 8 sc's into the 2nd ch from the hook, you should have a small circle. So, starting round 2, you sc into the first sc..then make 2 sc in each of the following sc around. This should make your circle a bit bigger.

For two strands, it depends on what you are making. You could use two different colors from two different strands, or the same color from two different skeins. That will probably be the easiest for you, instead of unwinding/winding the ball to find the other end just to begin.

BTW, what are you making?

Donna

Am afraid that I will have more than a few question with this one.

I am trying to make worm.

ch 2

rnd 1: work 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook (got that part), place marker to mark beg of rnd.

rnd 2: (sc in sc, 2 sc in next sc -- inc made) around -- 12 sts. huh.gif

Please explain.

It also said to work with double strand, how do you do it, do you undo the ball and make it double or do you cut a long piece of strand and double it?

Thank you very much for your help.

I am new to the crochet world. It is difficult to for me to understand patterns. The way that I understood was how sjkmaurice explained but it seems that problaby there is two ways of doing it. What I am trying to make is a worm. the two first stitches are the tail.

Not offece, but which one should I do?

Smilegirl, perhaps you can post the link to the pattern you're working on?

Also on the second round you are going to increase...like Sjkmaurice said...just increase the stitching by four sc, 2 sc, sc etc... I dont see any joining but I think after round one you should slip stitch to the top of the first sc, then for round two, chain one, sc in same stich as joining, in next sc, work 2 sc, then again work one, do this one, two pattern around until your circle meets again.

Oh man I hope I didnt confuse you more if so ignore me....:eek

Imagine the start of your worm to be like the first round of a hat, you do the first lot of SCs into the first CH of the 2 you made at the beginning, then you place a marker so you know where the row ends. Follow the instructions for the increase round where you end up with 12 SC. (If it was a hat, you would keep increasing to the size you wanted but because it is a worm, one round of increasing is probably enough.)

Now, I imagine that, as it is a worm, it will not get any wider so you will keep working in circles on the 12 sts, until you have a sausage shape, the length you need your worm. I imagine it will be a bit fiddly to do as there will not be much room for you to work in on a skinny tube.

Hope this helps.

Colleen

Cordelia, I can't post a link 'cause I bought the pattern.

I neve made a hat but I understood.

Actually it does inc from 12 - 18 - 24 after that I have to sc around three times.

Rnd 8: (Sc in 2sc, sc2tog) around 18sts. That this means that I have to skip one st = dec sc?

OK. A sc2tog is single crochet two stitches together, not skip a stitch. You insert your hook into the first stitch, draw through a loop (now two on hook), insert hook into the next stitch, draw through a loop (now three on hook), yarn over and draw through all three loops. If you're more a visual learner, go to www.stitchguide.com and there's videos to watch.

Archived