2 sc TOG twice... huh?

pony_girl526

Question

help! i am not sure what this means. i know TOG means together but that doesnt help me. i have 17 sc now and after "1 sc in next 7, 2 sc tog twice, 1 sc in next 7 sc, ch 1" i am supposed to only have 16 sc... how? i am making a sock and it looks great so far but this part of the heel has me a bit confused. thanks

4 answers to this question

Well it sounds to me like you are decreasing 2 in a row, so you would do 7sc, sc 2 tog, sc 2 tog, 7 sc , ch1..........and yes you should have 16 sc at the end of that sequence. With a sock I think you have to go back and forth on the heel part, then you pick up and go around again to do the leg part.

This is what I think with the part of the pattern you told us. Good luck!!

Mimi Mia is correct that you would do 2 dec stitches in a row, however if you only have 17 now and are supposed to have 16 at the end then that will not add up. If you do 2 decreases you would lose 2 stitches. To have 16 at the end of the decrease row you would have to have 18 now. If you need more help, feel free to email, pm or IM me.

Just in case you are unsure how to do the dec: insert hook in first st, pull up loop, insert hook in second st, pull up loop, yo, pull through all 3 loops on hook.

I'm guessing when you said you have 17 sc now, you meant after trying to do this row? Before starting this row, you should have had 18 sc, you will be decreasing by 2 stitches on this row by working two of your sc together as described by crochet smartcat. You will then have 16 sc when you are finished with this row.

HTH.

Archived