Crochet Me's Sprite

soul2heart

I will join you on making this little doll, but I will be dressing mine as a "goth"

I hope that will be OK, I've wanted to make a goth doll for a while and the body and striped tights on this one will be perfect for that.......if there's any objections I won't post a picture when I'm done! :hook

I just finished a doll (my first) for my granddaughter for Christmas. I need to make my other granddaughter something else also. This would be perfect. I may give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing.

I will join you on making this little doll, but I will be dressing mine as a "goth"

I hope that will be OK, I've wanted to make a goth doll for a while and the body and striped tights on this one will be perfect for that.......if there's any objections I won't post a picture when I'm done! :hook

I bet you could make a really awsome looking goth doll. and i want to see pics when your done!

Who said that we all have to make the exact same doll. I know mine ain't gonna look like the one the in the pattern. lol. can't wait to see what we all come up with. :U

This is what mine looks like so far

IMG_0196.jpg

I'm working on a wig for her hair, black. I want to use black lace for her skirt, but I don't have any available, maybe I'll crochet a lacy skirt.....:think .....Then her face, hmmmmm I'll have to use red for her lips. The rest I'm not quite sure.

OK, I think mine is done.......like I said mine was to be a Goth doll and so will look nothing like the sprite at Crochet me..........here she is, I think I'm done for now.

I think I'll give her to my step-son's girlfriend, they are a bit of black dressing face piercing types, so...

3aafb1ef.jpg

a close up of her pierced lip...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/mimi_mia/IMG_0206.jpg

Ladies, I'd like to introduce my Sprite:

th_Sprite2.jpg

She's going to school tomorrow as she is #6 on my 25 Things for Charity. She was easy to make and I'm sure I'll make some more at some point but next time I'll use a smaller hook to get better tension.

Maria - I love the Goth look, especially the lip ring.

I knew I should have written the skirt pattern down! I frogged so many times because I couldn't quite get the look I wanted, so from memory:

I made a chain long enough to slip over her 'hips' easily (what a good place to start, eh?),

a row of sc,

a row of 2sc 2 ch to make eyelets,

several rows of sc to make it long enough to cover her 'butt'!

Then 1tr, 1ch across, followed by a row of 1tr, 1ch, 1 tr in each tr of previous row

then (I think) 2 rows of tr.

Finally I finished off with 7ch, sl st in tr to make a fringe.

I couldn't make up my mind whether to make the skirt a wrap-around until I finished it so I had a seam to close, which I did with sl sts. The ribbon through the waist helps keep the skirt in place.

I'd love to see the boy version - and any other versions you've all made.

Yeah, I'm done! i think she turned out pretty well. I shortened her legs a tad. Used beads for her eyes, and felt for her mouth. Her skirt is a wrap around ruffle skirt, guess you can't really tell in the photo cause her skirt is black. If you would like the pattern let me know. All her clothing is sewed to her body, so no undressing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/hot_pink_kitty/Picture068.jpg

I crocheted small snowflakes, in embroidery thread on her skirt and hat, w/ beads. Also added beads to her scarf for tassles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/hot_pink_kitty/Picture070.jpg

Used felt to make her hair, it actually attaches to itself in the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/hot_pink_kitty/Picture071.jpg

What do yous think? Will my 3 yr old daughter like it? I think so!! :hook

She looks great, OMG I love how you did her, now I want to make another one, how did you do her hair? I love it :manyheart the snowflake appliques are great, the beading. Wow you really outdid yourself!!! Your daughter will love her :manyheart

She looks great, OMG I love how you did her, now I want to make another one, how did you do her hair? I love it :manyheart the snowflake appliques are great, the beading. Wow you really outdid yourself!!! Your daughter will love her :manyheart

I'm so glad you like her! Her hair was pretty easy, i just cut out some hair locks/curls and put them to her head to fit. I did both side pieces then shaped a back piece to fit.

Dont know if you can tell in the pic, but i stitched a tounge on her mouth.

i love the snowflakes also. It just popped in my head, and i decided to try a snowflake, its my first crocheted snowflake too. I think the beading really makes the snowflakes.

I'm very proud of her. :D I just wanna go and make her little friends!!

:hook:manyheart

Way to go - she is sooo cute!! Your daughter will cherish her.

It amazes me that we can make a doll so different but if we used the same pattern for a sweater they would all be the same except for the color!

Archived