Mile-a-Minute

sprtsbear

Question

7 answers to this question

No, but that sounds like a great idea! I just made a shell stitch hat for a friend and want to use that in the scarf, but I didn't want to do the exact same pattern for the scarf. I have a pattern for a lovely mile-a-minute afghan that would make a great match! I am going to try it!:cheer If it doesn't work right then I will just have a start going on an afghan I have been wanting to make!

I love and have used the Shell Panel mam pattern for many scarfs in a variety of yarns. It is the one by Marlo D. Cairns.

It works up quickly and looks beautiful. Plus, you can make it a thin delicate accent neck piece or a thick and warm neck covering, depending on the yarn. I made my DD one in her favorite pink baby homespun that is lighter in weight but adds a nice touch to dressier outfits. I also made her one in the thicker cafe au lait light and lofty, which is nice and warm and great as a neutral color to keep her neckline covered in the cold wind. She loves both.

I am now using up some leftover patons brilliant in gold to make a dressy one for my other daughter.

I have done this type of thing with other mam patterns, because they generally are so quick and easy to follow and I don't have to pay too close attention to the details to get a great-looking FO. :-)

I love the mile a min afghans. I have never made a scarf with it though. But I dont see why you couldnt. Depending on how wide the strips are how many you need. If it too narrow you could always just add a border to it. Give it a try. Then show us. We would love to see. Good Luck.:hook

>> I haven't used the MAM patterns but have made a similar, well sort of similar scarf in shells. <<

I like that -- I had not done one with the rounded ends. I just finished straight across the ends and added fringe (if the yarn could handle being fringed; otherwise, just finished a couple with a couple of rows of sc).

Archived