Gonna Try It!!!! (After pic added!!!)

labcrazyland

I crocheted a little purse last night using the wool yarn one of my elves sent me. Later today I am gonna try felting it. I did want to ask though, how much soap do I need to ad to the washer, and do I do it on a full load of water, or the smallest amount of water I can?

Here's a pic of the purse before!!!!

pursebefore.jpg

Lol, after the purse dried I wrapped it before remebering to take an after pic. So I had to wait till after I gave it to Katy to get a pic!! So, here it is! - Kelly

purseafter.jpg

I re-read samplerlady's directions in another post, and know now to use smalles load of water I can. I still would like to know how much soap I should use. Thanks!

Kelly

Very cool Kelly! How much did it shrink? (i can't really tell from your pictures!)

It was all single crochets, but on every third row, every other sc was a "long sc". I found the pattern at CPC!!!!

crochetnmore.com/crayonpurse.htm

I hope it's ok, that I put a link to it here. If not I can remove it. It worked up really quick. I just used a size bigger hook, and made it a little wider, since I knew it would shrink some. I loved the way it looked even before felting it!

Kelly

Lol, I put a couple healthy squirts in, probably could have used less, cause there was a lot of suds, but ti didnt seem to hurt!

The yarn I used was sent to be by one of the elves! lol It's "Nature Spun" , worsted weight, and "aran" is the color!

Thanks for all the nice things said!

Kelly

Archived