Anthropologie

I had not heard of that store before finding this site. Now I can't quit going to their site and daydreaming about what I too can make to copy one of their beautiful sweaters. I must say though that they are doing alot to bring crochet into the fashion mainstream as they have lots of crochet items. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these though :eek:lolhttp://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=7562&itemType=PRODUCT&iSubCat=817&iMainCat=812

I love that store....not that I can afford to buy anthing there lol

You can sign up to recieve a free catalog in the mail if you want, on the site.

There is SO MUCH CROCHET in the catalogs, its crazy! (but in a good way lol)

~Chicki

OOOh, I love these!!

In the fall, they were at Urban Outfitters and Delia's, too, and ever since then I've wanted to make a pair... Just haven't figured out what to do for the soles. :think

Over the summer, Crochet! had a piece on turning your favorite old shoes, with good soles but worn uppers, into a pair of flipflops...maybe something in a similar vein. if you've got a pair of shoes with rubber soles and the uppers sewn to them, like these seem to be (if you zoom in, you can see a knot of whiteish thread on the boot on the right in the picture, right where the sole and upper are joined) you might be able to carefully, carefully pick out the threads and sew new uppers to the old soles.

(I've never done this - it's just the first thing that popped into my head. :))

I actually went into an Anthropologie store today at my new mall! I got to "touch" all the crocheted shrugs, sweaters,capelets,etc. Gorgeous! My husband was with me, and couldn't believe the prices tho. I thought it was fun to point out this little white capelet to him, that was tagged $98 and say "I CAN MAKE THAT!!" Maybe now he sees that my hobby isn't so frivolous AFTER all! :D

I too was in one over the weekend - very outrageous prices, but lovely things. (though $88 for a t-shirt is rediculous!)

Much of the crocheted items I thought I might be able to do - though over $100 for a lovely crocheted long skirt with velvet panels wasn't asking too much, IMO.

The one thing I really liked in there was this lovely long coat (not crocheted, but embrodered), it really was worth $180.

I was hoping their sale section would be a bit better, but may be it was that I didn't have time to look.

I would go to a second hand clothing store myself to see if i could buy a pair of shoes with a sole i liked and then crochet my own boots or whatever to them. I did'nt like the ones i saw on that Anthologie site myself i thought they were ugly.You could do so much better than that.

how funny! so I'm not the only one who wants to try that. I'm looking for good how to make shoes sites, but only find one. I have a lot of leather so want to make someting like this

http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/f23cf799-2099-4171-a187-f5d837fc4df9/categoryID/eb344a5e-2eb4-44f2-9bd1-39502a8fe6d1/searchString/crochet

but I also have a long list of to do projects.( and my house need a cleaning too ;) )

So I can't wait how your shoes going to be. :hook

I've loved those boots since I first saw them on the Anthropologie site. I've been attempting to make them but keep getting side-tracked. I'm making them out of a maroon suede yarn. I'll let you know when I get at least one done. I am writing down what I'm doing so hopefully there will be a pattern. I've frogged several times already tho.

Archived