Filet Name Doily/Plaque

momof7

My oldest daughter is getting married in 4 months and I want to make a filet doily with her soon-to-be new last name. Can anybody recommend a good book or pattern? I'm experienced with thread crochet, but I've never done filet crochet.

Thanks!

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

LA booklet #3110 (Your Name & More in Filet Crochet by Vivian Floy Smith)! :D

I've used that booklet to make several name doilies as wedding gifts and they've come out beautifully and been very well received. There are 5 designs and several alphabets, so you should find just what you are looking for.

HTH!

edited to add link

Hi Ruth,

LA booklet #3110 (Your Name & More in Filet Crochet by Vivian Floy Smith)! :D

I was going to recommend this one too. I made the one called Name Design A for my Dad several years ago and have just finished one for my sister too. There is another name design pattern, plus an monogram one, a "Welcome" table runner and a "God Bless Our Home" wall hanging too.

To keep track of what row you are on, cut a strip from the sticky part of a stick 'em note and use that to underline the row you are on. I used the same strip of sticky note for both filet crochet pieces and it still hasn't lost its grip. Nor has it damaged the paper in any way.

Thanks for all the replies to my question. I like the idea of using a post-it note to keep track of rows. Dixieredhead, your work is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the picture.

I have the needle and pattern, and now I just need to go buy some thread. I plan on using 20 DMC Cebilia thread as soon as I can get to the store to buy some. I'll keep you posted of my progress.

Ruth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are several good books on the market for name doilies~

if you ":google " filet crochet alphabet you will get lots of great patterns too! And most of those are FREE!!

Print them out then you can cut the letters that you needs and get to hooking!

enjoy~

mgf~:frog

Archived