2024 What's On Your Hook? Share your WIPs.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the doilies.  Yeah on the football ans making dishcloths.

I am further along on my afghan and thought I would show it to you.  The red on top is the beginning of the Phillies part and the orange part to the left is the beginning of the Flyers.  Have to put it down for a couple of days, but here it is.  It is on my queen sizze bed.

20241006_095409 Graph 2.jpg

Great progress. 

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the doilies.  Yeah on the football ans making dishcloths.

I am further along on my afghan and thought I would show it to you.  The red on top is the beginning of the Phillies part and the orange part to the left is the beginning of the Flyers.  Have to put it down for a couple of days, but here it is.  It is on my queen sizze bed.

20241006_095409 Graph 2.jpg

Wow! Looks great!

• Like 1

I’m going into crochet overdrive. So I won’t be around very much. Nearing finish on the last c2c blanket. On sleeves on the sweaters. Started a small child ribbed hat. Second wash/ dishcloth in progress.  The local knit/crochet will keep me busy for WNC post Helene donation items.  Then I’ll focus back to Mountain City needs that Becky (Hillbilly Kitchen) is leading. She’s shopping for a used camper for a grandmother and her autistic 3 yo granddaughter that is in her care.  Loving the cooler weather!  Hope all are doing well. Happy crocheting. 🧶 

• Like 3

Sounds like you are one busy person.  It is stories like the one with your friend that should be making the news.  People helping people.  The stories are amazing down here.  People cleaning up and others helping them,  Now to get the insurance companies to cooperate.

Unfortunately, I have had to out my croching on hold.  I hope to pick it up later day or tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I’m going into crochet overdrive. So I won’t be around very much. Nearing finish on the last c2c blanket. On sleeves on the sweaters. Started a small child ribbed hat. Second wash/ dishcloth in progress.  The local knit/crochet will keep me busy for WNC post Helene donation items.  Then I’ll focus back to Mountain City needs that Becky (Hillbilly Kitchen) is leading. She’s shopping for a used camper for a grandmother and her autistic 3 yo granddaughter that is in her care.  Loving the cooler weather!  Hope all are doing well. Happy crocheting. 🧶 

Edited by Tampa Doll

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sounds like you are one busy person.  It is stories like the one with your friend that should be making the news.  People helping people.  The stories are amazing down here.  People cleaning up and others helping them,  Now to get the insurance companies to cooperate.

Unfortunately, I have had to out my croching on hold.  I hope to pick it up later day or tomorrow.

The helping hands out there would fill a book. 😊 You’ve been through a lot, when you are ready it’ll be waiting. 

Insurance won’t be paying out much in NC. Roughly 2% had flood insurance.  Most houses still standing are water damaged. Those who can qualify will get fema loans. 
Finished my first hat this one will fit 2-3yo. 

IMG_0338.jpeg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

The helping hands out there would fill a book. 😊 You’ve been through a lot, when you are ready it’ll be waiting. 

Insurance won’t be paying out much in NC. Roughly 2% had flood insurance.  Most houses still standing are water damaged. Those who can qualify will get fema loans. 
Finished my first hat this one will fit 2-3yo. 

IMG_0338.jpeg

Beautiful hat, sad that the insurance companies are playing hardball.😠

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Like 1

I have water damage flood on my house, I think I also have flood insurance, but it does not cover rising water, but if something breaks a window, then you are covered.  It is all a game with them, then they raise their rates.

56 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you. About to finish third for small adult size using Seafarers pattern. 
https://www.carolinajournal.com/hearings-underway-on-proposed-42-rate-hike-in-nc-homeowners-insurance/

42.2% increase on insurance is insane.  We are having insurance increases also, but not to that extent.  Maybe if they stop paying these big CEO's millions of dollars in salaries there might be some money left to pay insurance claims.

• Like 1

Q- I am working on projects to give away to keep my hands busy..I call this brainless activity.. using what i have on hand, However the ADHD/OCD in me needs assistance... I'm currently working on hand sanitizer cozies & my question is after I have crocheted the hanging strap (prefer not to use button design)

1- simple lanyard clip

2- keyring

Which would you prefer?

20241013_074523.jpg

Screenshot_20241013_123712_Brave.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
Upload 2nd pic
  • Like 2