Vintage Granny Square from Crochet with Heart

bluerose

Question

9 answers to this question

Where are you getting 'crochet with heart', or was that the name of a book that you remember this pattern was in?  Red Heart is now owned by (I think) Spinrite, which bought out most of the US yarn companies, they have a site called yarnspirations.com where the pattern might be.

Here is a search on that site under filtered for afghan patterns using Red Heart Super Saver yarn, there are 31 pages of results (which I didn't look through) but if that very pattern is on the internet, this is the only legitimate site where it would be.  If it is not there, hopefully one of the other patterns is close enough to catch your eye. there are SO many granny square variations out there....

edit, you could change the yarn brand filter so it looks for ALL their yarn, not just Super Saver, to get more results, the extras won't be likely to be the exact one you are looking for but maybe something else will be similar and catch your eye.

Edited by Granny Square

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325894663608?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

A copy of the booklet is for sale on Ebay for $9.00, it mentions 'Stunning Shells Afghan' in the table of contents.  

Googling I find another pattern by that name by Leisure Arts, but not the one you are looking for.

Edited by Granny Square

I'm a little cross-eyed looking thru Ravelry for similar patterns, this is the closest I came -- I was searching for ones where the inner squares had 'dents' in the sides like your pattern (I'd meant to link to Yarnspirations in my first post , sorry)

https://www.yarnspirations.com/products/red-heart-rise-shine-afghan-throw

edited to add, I completely missed that ReniC found your pattern upthread, sorry about that!  Glad it was found :cheer 

Edited by Granny Square