August 2023 table

Tampa Doll

It is August and time to bring out the "Thank goodness I don't have to wear cloths like these".

:rofl No only kidding, it is August and My Mom's Birthday was  August 20th.  She loved the movie Gone With The Wind and her favorite (besides Clark Gable) character was Mammy (Hattie McDaniel) in her red pettycoat and Prissy (Butterfly McQueen).  

She took me and my little sister to a big movie house in Philly (you know the kind with ONE screen and a stage) to see the movie.  We were the youngest people in the movie theater.  When they showed Clark Gable for the first time in the movie it was a collective gasp in the theater.  I still laugh at it to this day.  Dad always called him Bag Ears, just to tease my Mom.

Anyway, this table is dedicated to her.  

I hope you all have a great month and enjoy looking at all the clothes we have shed over the years, thank you very much.:rofl

August 2013 Gone with the Wind Table 002.jpg

August 2013 Gone with the Wind Table 006.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 4

Wow!  Mary Jo, your table is stunning.  I love all those dresses and dolls.  You always amaze me with your creations.

Edited by Lacycrochet

Oh my goodness, I've probably seen your 'Hattie McDaniel' doll in a crowd like this before, but never noticed her petticoat.  No doubt about who that is!

Now, you need a doll with Carol Burnette's "I saw it in the window and I couldn't resist" dress....(kidding)   What a wonderful display!

• Haha 2

Beautiful! I have actually never seen the movie (I think I saw part of it once) I know my mom loved it though. Some of those dresses look like they must have take you a long time to make! Wow! They are lovely!

• Like 1