Eeyore by Leisure Arts help

SylviaAnn

Question

I am working on the body and have attached both legs, completed through round 14. The pattern reads.

Begin working in rows, then gives instruction as to slip stitches and single crochet. My question is do I connect each “blue row” to the Lt Purple or am I making a stack of rows to connect at one time? You make 2 rows then make 2 rounds. 

IMG_3454.jpeg

5 answers to this question

I don't have that pattern and can't tell (exactly) what part of Eeyore you are holding on to.  As in, I'm guessing the lighter color area top right is either his rear end, or chest (If it's something else, then I'm really lost).

Most well written patterns for something like a toy or a garment will tell you what part of the thing you are working on, like "to form the neckline, do this" or "this next step will form a hole to attach a leg to later" sort of thing.

I would probably be a good idea to read through the rest of the pattern and understand the next steps ahead of time, to make sure you are on the right track.  I could make a lot of guesses but I don't have enough to go on, there are a lot of twists and turns a toy can take.  It's also a good idea to study the pattern photo closely - what does it LOOK like should be happening right at that spot, based on the end result in the photo?  This has answered a lot of pattern questions for me over the years.

Some animal toys have 4 legs that they stand on, but Eeyore is often illustrated seated (which is sort of weird for a donkey, but...).  Something to keep in mind for limb placement.

I should have looked at this earlier, he is sitting-- https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eeyore which shows some Ravelry project photos.

One person who made it said the was difficult to read, and "NOTE: Make sure the legs are attached correctly or it will throw off the rest of the pattern!! It helped to lay the legs on either side of the body to see how they were supposed to be attached."  Another said "this is the hardest project I've ever done" (sorry, not very encouraging, but at least you are not alone scratching your head over it's lack of clarity).  

• Like 1

Granny Square, Thank you for your advice. I am a new crocheter, started in December, but looking at how finished product is supposed to turn out is a great idea. This pattern is just not forthcoming in the whys of anything. The legs and bottom are right. The Light purple is the belly/chest and Dark purple is the back.

Brenda, I did watch the video for the legs, it was great. 

I’m going to move along with the way I “think” it should go, worst thing is to pull it out and go again. My thought is that The pattern is increasing rows on the “back” Dk color. So I am working the Dk color rows in a stack, separate from the light color, then connecting three rows of dark to one row of light. Eeyore is slumped over so it makes sense you would need to do an increase somehow. 

Just talking this out has helped immensely.