Looking for help with a Pokemon project called Eevee

Nicole Masters

Question

I am making a pokemon, it's name is Eevee.

I am stuck at Row 17 of the head.

Row 16 finished with 54 stitches

Row 17 reads {In front Loops: 3 sc, 6 inc, 3 sc}, 42 sc (60)

I'm stuck with the 6 inc. Do I increase 6 into one stitch, or increase 2 stitches into the next three stitches?

I would appreciate any help that might be out there.

Thank you in advance.

Nicole

4 answers to this question

2 stitches into each of the next 6 sc

54 stitches in row 16 so in row 17 need to use 54 stitches so 3+3+42 = 48 which leaves 6 stitches that need to be worked into.  Stitch count for row 17 is 60 so need to add a total of 6 stitches to 54 to make 60. 2 stitches made into the next 3 stitches only adds 3 stitches so stitch count would be short 3 for row.

Row 16 ended with 54 sts, Row 17 is supposed to add 6 and reads: {In front Loops: 3 sc, 6 inc, 3 sc}, 42 sc (60)

I concur with BGS that it is poorly written and ambiguous.  You know you started with 54 sts and are supposed to end up with 60, which is an addition of 6.  The last part of the instruction (the end of the row) is a plain 42 sc, presumably 1 stitch into each of the last 42 sts of the prior row, so that leave 6 stitches to be worked into at the front end, and you are supposed to increase that row by 6 stitches, and do it somehow across 6 stitches.  It says to do it as "3 sc, 6 inc, 3 sc", which uses 1 more stitch than is available if you are to put 3 stitches into 1, but it would work if you did something like "2 sc, 6 sts into the next st, 3 sc" or "3 sc, 6 into the next st, 2 sc".  

What does the pattern photo look like is happening in that spot you are working on?  This is a lot of increases crammed together, but not an impossible transaction.

16 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Row 16 ended with 54 sts, Row 17 is supposed to add 6 and reads: {In front Loops: 3 sc, 6 inc, 3 sc}, 42 sc (60)

I concur with BGS that it is poorly written and ambiguous.  You know you started with 54 sts and are supposed to end up with 60, which is an addition of 6.  The last part of the instruction (the end of the row) is a plain 42 sc, presumably 1 stitch into each of the last 42 sts of the prior row, so that leave 6 stitches to be worked into at the front end, and you are supposed to increase that row by 6 stitches, and do it somehow across 6 stitches.  It says to do it as "3 sc, 6 inc, 3 sc", which uses 1 more stitch than is available if you are to put 3 stitches into 1, but it would work if you did something like "2 sc, 6 sts into the next st, 3 sc" or "3 sc, 6 into the next st, 2 sc".  

What does the pattern photo look like is happening in that spot you are working on?  This is a lot of increases crammed together, but not an impossible transaction.

Sorry I had found pattern that I think they are using and did not post it.  The increases are at the point where shaping begins for nose or snout area.

Ah, cute critter (I know nothing about the Pokemon world).  I figured it was shaping a bump of some sort. 

Nicole - this is why I asked you "what does the pattern photo look like in that spot?"  I learned to crochet without someone to ask questions of handily after the first lesson (way before the internet), and when I questioned an instruction, I did 2 things (1) I'd "math it out" like I described in my answer to you, and (2) look at the pattern photo as I mentioned to see what made sense in that spot--in your case, a bunch of stitches crammed together for a nose makes perfect sense.