Pattern Question

jstaff

Question

Hello! 

I am working on this pattern currently https://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat-split-sc-colorwork-crochet-basket/BRC0502-031028M.html

I just started the split stitch row (dark brown and gray area). It looks exactly like a regular single crochet stitch. I watched videos, and I thought I was doing it correctly. Is it just because the yarn is so thick its not becoming more evident? 16817754267664222973852413724062.thumb.jpg.b6c9ba54d3af622103be80b66973e835.jpg

4 answers to this question

I may be mis-seeing this because of the poor stitch definition of the fluffy yarn, but it looks like you are forming SCs in between 2 SCs from the prior row, when you should be stabbing the SC in the row below right in the 'guts' between the 2 loops facing front that look like a V; this covers up the 2 top horizontal loops of the stitch that it is made into, so all you are seeing is a V into a V (I hope that makes sense).

10 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

I may be mis-seeing this because of the poor stitch definition of the fluffy yarn, but it looks like you are forming SCs in between 2 SCs from the prior row, when you should be stabbing the SC in the row below right in the 'guts' between the 2 loops facing front that look like a V; this covers up the 2 top horizontal loops of the stitch that it is made into, so all you are seeing is a V into a V (I hope that makes sense).

I'm not sure either right now! I'll rip it out and try the row again. Thank you. 

Dark brown row and row with alternating colors are using split stitch. I don't see a difference using it honestly in this size yarn compared to a regular single crochet. Any thoughts on continuing as is or just alternate colors each row? Welcoming any opinions/thoughts16821240285618073136700187234245.thumb.jpg.79aaab16358deb998adcb30d16c764f1.jpg