Curio #10 Thread

Scoop183

Ordered some Curio #10 thread a few wks ago in Rose, Sagebrush and Tumeric.  As usual I love the colors but I wouldn't exactly say it's #10 thread.  More like a #15 or maybe even #20.  It's all good 'cause the doily pattern I'm working on (Praline Pinwheel) can be kinda big.  With this thread I'm working with a 1.5mm hook, the pattern calls for a 1.75mm hook if I remember correctly, so it should be a bit smaller.

Interesting, I wasn't familiar with it (I rarely shop for yarn/thread online) and not a bad price for a 720 yard ball--it says it is 2 ply and the Aunt Lydia's I usually use has 3 plies, so it makes sense that it might be a bit thinner.

• Like 2

Hi Scoop.

I also looked this up.  Really nice colours but I question the thread size.  I am a solid Aunt Lydia brand for thread quality.  Would love different colours but would not trade for quality.

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Like 1

I've had to branch out from Aunt Lydia's because they've reduced color, size, and general availability.  With doll clothes I've had luck with Thread Art and Creative Yarn Source for alternatives for color and sizes.  I've had no issue with the quality.  I've also used Hobby Lobby's Artiste on occasion for color and Size 5.

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

I've had to branch out from Aunt Lydia's because they've reduced color, size, and general availability.  With doll clothes I've had luck with Thread Art and Creative Yarn Source for alternatives for color and sizes.  I've had no issue with the quality.  I've also used Hobby Lobby's Artiste on occasion for color and Size 5.

I agree, Aunt Lydia is limited with their colours now and they are harder to find.  I have never heard of Thread Art, they even deliver to Canada.  Thanks for that info, I might place an order.