Dress pattern help

Emily_crochet.92

Question

I am making a dress by forming a yoke made in rows and then working from the top of the dress down in continuous spirals.

im working on the back on row 7 and don’t know what to do. Here are the instructions (these are in UK)

row 6: 1 ch, 1 dc in same st, turn (22 sts) 

row 7: 1 ch, 9 dc, miss 1 st, 19 dc, miss 1 st, dc to last st, turn (20 sts).

I can’t work out how row 7 says 9+19 dc but says 20 st? I get up to 1 ch, 9 dc, miss 1 st, 12 dc but then run out of sts from row 6 to dc into. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong….can anyone explain please?

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  There is no '12' DC in the instructions you typed

At this point you are no longer working in continuous spirals if you are turning, just pointing this out.  I'm guessing the back is open so you can put some sort of closure?

I am guessing the "19" is a typo and (maybe) meant to be 9.  9 +1 + 9 + 1 +2 is 22; the 'ones' are skipped stitches, the '2' would be the 'DC to end' part.  

Well I am not getting row 6 as typed above

row 6: 1 ch, 1 dc in same st, turn (22 sts) 

Its very important when asking for help that the instructions are given to us exactly as they are written right down to punctuation.  Its even better if the pattern is free and online to give us the link.  The more of the pattern we can look at the better our chances are of figuring it out.  Some patterns do have errors.