bianca

babybee crochet starter

Question

please can someone save me from going mad i have a lenny the bunny pattern and i cant for the life of me figure out what it is im ment to do at this point the part im stuck o is as follows : cast on 20 ch +1 ch  for turning work 1 row sc close round 1st 20th sc 21st round 16sc turn and continue in rows 22nd to 24th row dec 1st at each end of row (=heel) cut yarn . continue for foot . 5 sc of lower part 

i have done all of that untill the continue for foot i have been reading it for about 3 hours and i cant figure it out   

2 answers to this question

Link to what the bunny looks like

Sounds like it might be translated from not-English, and the translation is not completely unintelligible, but it is pretty bad.  

Putting your directions in different lines to separate the steps; my notes in red:

cast on 20 ch +1 ch  for turning work  this just means chain 21

1 row sc close round your bunny is made in US Single Crochet stitch; this means: SC in the second chain from the hook and the rest of the chains; slip stitch into the first stitch made to make a circle 

1st 20th sc I hope you didn't spend much on this pattern.  I think what it is saying is to work rows 1-20 in a tube (so, partly duplicating the line above)

21st round 16sc turn and continue in rows 22nd to 24th row dec 1st at each end of row (=heel) cut yarn .  You stop working in a circle on this round, (which is really a a row) and instead work back and forth across 16 stitches, for a total of 4 rows.  At the same time, after the 16 stitches on row 21, rows 22, 23, and 24 decrease 1 stitch on each side, which should leave you with 10 stitches.

continue for foot . 5 sc of lower part  not enough to guess

You said you got as far as I did, presumably it goes downhill from here.  Several people on Ravelry were able to finish a reasonable looking rabbit, but they could have been winging it from the photo.  

An awful lot  of the questions on the Help forum here are about patterns that are poorly written.  I won't buy a pattern unless I'm familiar with the source or the designer.  Example, I'll buy a DRG pattern (Annie's attic, Crochet! and Crochet World Magazines) or Leisure Arts book, or patterns from Herrschners' or Mary Maxim, or from a designer whose patterns I've worked before from those sources (or from yarn company patterns), but that's about it.  

• Like 1

Totally concur with Granny Square.

You can try to contact the designer to clarify the pattern.  If people are making money from the sales of these awful patterns the least they can do is be available to help.

This person shows the doll parts so looking at the leg and foot might help the directions make sense.  Looking thru the different projects it looks like people tried different things.

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/agnatius/lenny-the-bunny

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1