Can anyone tell me what crochet stitch this is

ldrnpatsy

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with it, was this on a youtube channel?  Did the presenter give it a name, or was the video not in English?

The thing with crochet stitch names, once you get beyond the basic US stitches (slip stitch, chain, SC, DC, HDC and so on), anything more complex than that can go by several different names (example woven stitch, AKA granite AKA linen stitch AKA moss stitch and probably other names) , or some names cover a family of related stitches that aren't identical (shell stitch for example).

Hmm, there'd be loops on the hook at the point mid-row that the photo is showing, so I don't think so.  For Tunisian you 'cast on' a bunch of loops on your hook from right to left, then 'work them off' on the second pass from left to right.  Also you can't work Tunisian with a hook with a cushion, it has to be 'naked' like a knitting needle.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Hmm, there'd be loops on the hook at the point mid-row that the photo is showing, so I don't think so.  For Tunisian you 'cast on' a bunch of loops on your hook from right to left, then 'work them off' on the second pass from left to right.  Also you can't work Tunisian with a hook with a cushion, it has to be 'naked' like a knitting needle.

True

It's a Herringbone crochet stitch but I'm not sure if your sample is double crochet or half double crochet. There are several tutorials online especially Youtube.com. Hope this helps. example.

• Like 1