treble crochet stitches not aligning

rosiekkgg

Question

Hey, 

I've started my first mohair jumper using treble crochet stitch. When I complete a round the stitches should align and you're left with a perfect circle. HOWEVER, I've found that even when I join onto my last stitch of the round I'm left with a ledge see pic:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/D97XfCPWv8TGMLEz8

sorry I don't know how else to describe it but I'm always left with extra stitches and it never seems to join 

Thank you 

2 answers to this question

Not sure what happened there.  First working with fuzzy yarn is challenging.  It can be hard to see where to work the stitches and it is hard to pull out if you make a mistake.  I dont like working with it.  Its going to be important to count your stitches----hopefully your pattern gives the stitch counts for your rounds.  Make sure your count matches before moving on.  It will be helpful to use stitch markers.  

I'm not sure what happened, either.

A thought - as Bgs said, yarn of this sort is difficult.  Eons ago 'eyelash yarn' was in vogue, and that was almost impossible to work by itself, but it was not uncommon to pair it with a plain yarn, which made it as easy to work with as the plain yarn.   I'd pair it with a (maybe sport weight) yarn that complimented it.  You'd still get the mohair look and feel, without the grief, and you can better see what you are doing.  

You also might consider using stitch markers with this fluffy stuff, to mark the beginning of the round or row.  I use bobby pins, they are cheap and stay put.