Silicone bead hook grip

YarnyBoy

So I saw a set of these online and decided to make one of my own. This is an H hook, I had to have the spouse squeeze them on. He said the bigger ones stretched better.   I just wrote the hook letter on one white bead.

The grip feels nice honestly. Now I hold my hook knife style, and I feel it would be much better for a pencil holder.

You can get sets of these beads relatively cheap on Amazon.

Edit: did put too many on, forgot to leave good yarn room. But I fixed it.

IMG_20230115_191147.jpg

Edited by YarnyBoy

What an interesting idea.  I crochet with a pencil hold not knife hold (using the word hold to be clear), and have put squishy (smooth) grips meant for pencils on my hooks for comfort.  These beads look uncomfortable, tho; would you want to hand write for hours with a pen or pencil shaped like the above?  Are the beads squishy?  Do they add much weight?

(Before I read your message I thought 'these would probably be great for a knife grip...)

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

What an interesting idea.  I crochet with a pencil hold not knife hold (using the word hold to be clear), and have put squishy (smooth) grips meant for pencils on my hooks for comfort.  These beads look uncomfortable, tho; would you want to hand write for hours with a pen or pencil shaped like the above?  Are the beads squishy?  Do they add much weight?

(Before I read your message I thought 'these would probably be great for a knife grip...)

They actually don't add much weight. The weight it adds is helpful for me because I find metal hooks too light. And this H was short so having the skull makes it sit better in my hand.

They aren't squishy like a stress ball or anything. There is firmness there.

I've used it since I made the post and it's been working good for me, mileage may vary and all that good stuff.

Facebook post: rollers from Dollar Tree cut to size and slipped on crochet hooks. A lot less expensive too than the ones bought in the craft/yarn stores.

Rollers.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Facebook post: rollers from Dollar Tree cut to size and slipped on crochet hooks. A lot less expensive too than the ones bought in the craft/yarn stores.

Rollers.jpg

I use those on my graphite pencils for my drawings. They work great.