Color suggestions

Bigdog01282

Question

I'm doing a utah jazz logo blanket for my friend. However I'm partially color blind which makes matching colors difficult for me. Can someone please suggest a good background color to use that pairs well with their red, yellow and navy logo? Thank you so much 

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

Here is a page I found of Jazz logos, and I am seeing a color that I guess is supposed to be 'basketball color' which is sort of a brownish orange color.  In other words, on this page , the circle on the logo in the first row, second logo (1996-97, 2003-04), which I imagine is supposed to be a basketball.

Is that the color you mean?  (and I sort of went down a rabbit hole on internet articles on "why are basketballs orange"? and Spalding even has a 'basketball color scheme'.  Linking this so others can come along hopefully and match more yarn to that color than I can.

So I went to the Yarnspirations site and called up all the 'orange' yarns, since they own most of the US yarn brands, here is the result.

Hopefully others will come by and add other ideas, but the closest on that page to 'basketball color', with the color adjustment on my monitor, are Red Heart Soft or Super Saver in Tangerine.  I see NCcountrygal posted as I was looking at yarn.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood, my intention was to point out there was no red in any of the jazz logos over time, but rather the closest to any red was the brownish orange.  And I think NCcountrygal and I may have posted close to the same time, there is no red in her second link either, except the tiniest pinstripes or red, white and blue around the neck, sleeve opening, and waistband, BUT I don't think those are "USA" not part of the logo per se.

I second the white outline.