Pattern Help!

Jayhawker13

Question

Hello! My grandmother recently passed away and in her belongings we found a partially crocheted blanket that she started for me but wasn’t able to complete. I’m unfamiliar with the pattern and was hoping someone might be able to help me so I can finish the blanket. 

thank you! 

1CB1C838-9133-451E-9503-E84B1BF89706.jpeg

CFC75DE6-2BA4-4F40-89A6-BEDE9677804C.jpeg

F4FF1ED9-F846-49D5-BDE7-E37D0F3380FD.jpeg

Edited by Jayhawker13
Add photos

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville, and my condolences on the recent loss of your grandmother.

I think your bottom 2 photos are upside down from the direction the piece was worked, and the top one is I think sideways. (edited to add - not criticizing, just wanting to help you see what's going on with the stitches).

I believe this is c2c or 'corner to corner' stitch, it's also called crazy stitch.  You can make it in rows, and what I'd guess you would call rounds (starting from 1 corner and working corner out increasing each end to make a triangle, then decreasing at some point to turn it into a rectangle).  (confession, I don't make many blankets and have made a couple of swatches but not used it in a project).

crazy stitch vintage pattern explanation   

Edited by Granny Square

My bad, I thought they were the same thing. 

I rarely make blankets and have never used it in a project, I think I first encountered it at a crochet.about.com (that became the Spruce Crafts) before I'd ever heard of c2c.  This wasn't the article I recall, but apparently I'm not the only one who mixes the stitches up!  (sorry for the confusion Jayhawker13)