Susan Bates Ergonomic Hooks

DeltaMS

I love the feel of these, but I have noticed that my yarn has a tendency to grab when using them.  I do not have this problem when using her aluminum hooks my yarn glides like it should.  I am trying to find out if anyone has noticed this, and is there anything I can do, so I can enjoy my hooks?

Wow, that doesn't sound good.  I am not a Bates or inline hook user so can't comment if I've seen the problem.  

Are there actual rough edges that you can see, or feel specific spots that are rougher than other areas?  I'm not sure if going over rough spots with a very fine steel wool would help; I would probably try wax paper first, that's what I use for my wooden DPNs and it works well, not sure if it would 'last' on metal.  (if you don't have any wax paper on hand and are hesitant to buy a roll just for this, it is what I use to cover leftovers when microwaving, it doesn't get all limp and drippy like plastic wrap).

I bought only one of these hooks and have not had that problem. I also have not used it in quite some time as I prefer my Clover-Amour hook set for comfort and I especially like the tension I get with them.

The metal is painted instead of the ergonomic handles.  It looks like the paint is rubbing off the one hook I have used the most.  However, I have tried the other hooks, and I still get that drag on the yarn when using them.  Like I said her aluminum hooks work great.  I have the Clover Amour hooks and really like them and use them instead, but since I have two sets of the Bates hooks, I would like to use them.