Help me identify this stitch please!

nowheremarcos

Question

Hello guys just discovered this forum. So glad that a place like this exists.
I’m having trouble triying to figure out what group of stitches is this on the strap. In my search I came across herringbone stitch, it looks kinda similar, or is just double crochet? Or different types of stitches? 
D726CBE0-C855-44DC-88A5-69247451A179.jpeg.f3b91a2b4fd6beae7bdd16f1053c81a5.jpeg

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Yes!  Thanks again to you all for fixing my technical difficulties, I feel just like that little 'woo hoo' guy!!!  

I'm so glad you're back!!! :manyheart:woo

The 'many hearts' guy right back at you both! 

(sorry to derail your topic nowheremarcos, I was having trouble logging on to Crochetville and these two ladies (plus a third) pitched in to fix  the problem.  Donna is our site guru extraordinaire!  This is indeed a great place  :hook  

@bgs@grannysquare@Donna

Hi everyone thanks for taking time to answer. But, I was actually asking about the strap. I should’ve cropped the image. The mesh one I figured it out, and actually already did that part is just the strap that’s getting on my way.

btw, glad you’re back granny square! :)

Edited by nowheremarcos

Thanks!  I was adrift there for a while, I missed my buddies here!

My guess is that it is made around the armhole after the shoulder seams are sewn up, not at the beginning and end of the back and forth filet rows, and is 3 rounds of HDC-- 'what is that stitch' is not my strongest suit, but it doesn't look like SC or DC to me.  There is a ridge, which looks more to me that row 2 was turned after round 1, then turned again for round 3.  If you look at turned rows or rounds of stiches taller than SC, it's apparent that the 'stitch bottoms' sort of stick out on the back side, and I think this is what the ridge is.  

Edited by Granny Square
clarity

21 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Thanks!  I was adrift there for a while, I missed my buddies here!

My guess is that it is made around the armhole after the shoulder seams are sewn up, not at the beginning and end of the back and forth filet rows, and is 3 rounds of HDC-- 'what is that stitch' is not my strongest suit, but it doesn't look like SC or DC to me.  There is a ridge, which looks more to me that row 2 was turned after round 1, then turned again for round 3.  If you look at turned rows or rounds of DC, the 'stitch bottoms' sort of stick out on the back side, and I think this is what the ridge is.  

Not great on name that stitch either but also thought HDC.