How would you alter this..

Acidburn

Question

11 answers to this question

There is no easy answer.  You will be basically developing your own pattern which is going to mean trial and error on your part.  Its going to mean crocheting a bit, trying it against your foot, possibly pulling it out (multiple times) and trying again.  Also take good notes so after you get it to fit you can make that second sock.

Did the pattern you used give gauge and did you do a swatch to check if you matched?

I agree with Bgs, this is NOT going to be easy.  I need to run off for an appointment, will be back later and see if I can find any resources - it may be for knitting, but socks are socks so the concept should be the same.  Look at your foot - the line from the point your leg meets your foot, to the bottom back of your heel, is the widest area of the sock, and that's where problems usually are.  

Can you post a photo of your current completed sock heel so we can see what sort it is (construction type)?  I don't recall seeing the completed heel in any of your posts.  

I just googled 'how to adjust heel fit in knitted socks' and there are A LOT of links.  I know yours is crochet not knit, but the sort of thing that would work for (example) to adjust a knit heel flap heel should apply (in concept) for crochet.

So I loosened up my tension, crocheted a extra 12 rows plus 8 ribbed rows for toes now they fit..  the ankle was actually not the problem it was sticking my widest part of my toes through that made it weird.. now they fit great 👍 😀