Pattern Help

Lb121

Question

4 answers to this question

I only get error codes on the link you provided.

I have learned that its best for me to put that stitch marker in the first stitch as soon as I make it because on tightly crocheted single crochets in narrow tubular shapes its sometimes hard for me to find the first stitch when I get back around especially working in dark yarn.

Welcome to the 'ville!  So you gave us the pattern for the flower.  I know you said you were a visual learner, but I don't have a way to make a video.  I agree with Bgs, for something where you work in rounds it's best to put your marker in the first stitch, because if you don't mark that one you will get lost fast.

Reading thru the pattern portion you gave above, what part was problematic?  Was it the magic ring? 

Another way to start R1 without a magic ring is 'old school', because it is a small # of stitches: chain 2, make 5 sc in the 2nd chain from the hook, slst into the first sc.

Do you know what 'FLO' means?  It means front loop only.  BLO means back loop only.  You will be using the back loops for the second round of petals, to make the inner petals appear farther forward than the outer ones.  When you work 'in a normal way' into a stitch, you stick the hook under the top 2 loops, right?  The one farthest away from you is the back loop, the closer one is the front.  For this flower you will be putting 2 rounds of stitches into round 1 - the first pass (rnd 2)using the front loop of round 1, the second pass (rnd 3) using the back loop of round 1.

“This is where I’m stuck: *2 ch, skip first chain from hook, 1sl st in the next ch, 1 sl st in flo of the first stitch in R1.”  pasting so I don't have to scroll, and adding the asterisk that should have been in the pattern.

2 chains that will fold in half and 'stick up' a little when you slst in the next stitch.  Those 2 chains are one petal.

Then 1sl st in the next ch, 1 sl st in flo - that scoots you over 2 stitches across the floor without adding (much) height.

I hope that isn't clear as mud?