help with pattern?

harper

Question

hi i know how to do the rest of this pattern but this one part is throwing me off, i chained 14 but i don’t understand the rest of it when it says sc in the next 18 sc, sc in the next 12 sc - 44sc

around the circle there’s 18 sc and i think i kind of understand what it’s saying but im not sure ? google is no help and this is the needle creations llama kit

2 answers to this question

Actually we have been asked about that pattern before.

You chained 14.  You single crochet down your chains until you reach your circular part. You continue on by single crocheting into the stitches of  your circular part until you reach your chain 14 part.   You continue on by working into the bottom side of your 14 chains like when making an oval.

https://www.ehow.com/how_2093630_crochet-basic-oval-shape.html

Edited by bgs

Welcome to the 'ville!  And you are, I think the 4th person who has asked a question on that llama kit in the past year or 2, at that very spot,  so don't feel bad.

This is an unusual but IMO very clever construction, but hard to visualize at first.  It involves working around both sides of a chain, sort of like you would make an oval if you have ever done that; except at one end of the oval is the llama's neck, so you work around that too.

...and Bgs has just sent you to one of the earlier threads on this.  Come back if you are still confused!