Help me read a crochet pattern

chocmuffin

Question

i know all of the stitches and how to do it but the crochet pattern that i just bought is very confusing. What does this mean?

crochet 15ch then start crocheting into the second loop from the hook: 13sc, 3sc into st, 12sc, inc, [30]

it starts getting super confusing after i finish the 15 chains. I have been trying and unravelling so many times already bcus it looks weird 😭 

2 answers to this question

You are making an oval shape.

https://www.ehow.com/how_2093630_crochet-basic-oval-shape.html

Ch 15, sc into 2nd loop of ch, make 1sc into each of next 12 ch, in last ch make 3 sc.  Now you will be working into what is the other side of your ch.  Make 1 sc into each of next 12 ch.  Inc means make 2 stitches into one stitch so when you get back to end of ch you make 2 stitches.

[30] is your stitch count and means you made a total of 30 stitches

6 hours ago, chocmuffin said:

i know all of the stitches and how to do it but the crochet pattern that i just bought is very confusing. What does this mean?

crochet 15ch then start crocheting into the second loop from the hook: 13sc, 3sc into st, 12sc, inc, [30]

it starts getting super confusing after i finish the 15 chains. I have been trying and unravelling so many times already bcus it looks weird 😭 

What Brenda said.

IMG_0690.JPG