Pattern help

Elizabeth262

Question

7 answers to this question

This isn't clear to me either, because the pattern quoted here doesn't say where the 'sewing side' is--I am guessing by 'side' it means not along the edge where the foundation chain was, or the last row of stitches you made--probably one of the row ends in other words.

Also, row 9 should be row 13 if you do row 8 a total of 5 times as it says: rows 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are worked even, so the next row would be the thirteenth, so the row count was not well thought-out by the designer.

Does the illustration that is mentioned help?  I also have no idea what is meant by 'tears', that word has 2 completely different meanings, could it be holes/nostrils?  I think that studying the illustration that it mentions has to be key to understanding the rows beyond 8.

8. row: 22 sc (repeat this round 4 times)

Why does it say repeat round 4 times instead of repeat row 4 times?  Major pet peeve of mine.  

The row numbers as Granny Square pointed out is another pet peeve.

Reading on I get the feeling this pattern may have been translated from another language.

I wondered if by sewing side they meant back of work.  Some patterns worked in rows tell you to mark your front so later you know the front from the back or right versus wrong side.

Hope you have some good photos to work off of.

And I had problems right off.  I am on my phone so it took me a bit to figure out linc.  

This appears to be your pattern.  There is a photo in the grouping of photos showing the muzzle which is what you are working on.  

Here if you scroll over the photos to the side view of the dog you can the stitches in the muzzle.

Looks like you work the top part of muzzle in rows back and forth which is what you have done up to row 22.  Then you make the semicircle parts.

In places where it says rows its more like they should be called steps eg row 9 is a step as no row is crocheted.

This pattern is brutal!  Cute but brutal.

Edited by bgs

That pup is indeed adorable!  I notice there is a youtube mentioned, have you looked at it?  Normally I don't like videos for entire patterns, but I think they are great for an unusual step of a pattern that might be hard to visualize.