Help basket pattern

Lizdd331

Question

2 answers to this question

You can do a YouTube search for a video but I doubt there is one specific to this pattern.  Pattern looks pretty straight forward.  Are you having a problem with a specific part?  If you post a photo of your work we might be able to see if you are on the right track.  Your piece will look really different after its blocked.

Agree with Bgs, doubtful you will find a video, and we can help better if you point to the point where you are stuck. 

However, the good news is, I agree with Bgs--it doesn't look horribly difficult--this is just a doily with a strap, and the doily is less complicated than most, the design doesn't change (much) for most of it.  And yeah, doilies look more like a wrinkled rag than a pretty piece of lace until you block them.

I'm not sure if Knit Cro Sheen is around any more, but it is/was size 10  mercerized doily cotton (doily thread) which is easy to find in general, if not that brand.  Since it's saying to stiffen with a 'podge' solution, I'm guessing the pattern is from the 1970s plus or minus, so pretty old, but US pattern 'norms/wording' has not changed since then.  I think I've seen Mod Podge in the craft stores (Michaels) still.

Edited by Granny Square