Help

Janet Sizemore

Question

4 answers to this question

The best thing you can do is pull it apart and start over.  I do not understand why you say that it cant be pulled apart.  Crochet is very easy to pull apart unless you have woven in several ends but even then I have undone pieces I was unhappy with. I have pulled apart large afghans almost back to the beginning because of a mistake.

Wecome to the 'ville Janet!  I'm sorry you've  got a bit of a mess on your hands.  

Rip it back.  All the way to where you picked up the wrong sized hook my mistake, or all the way to the beginning if you have to, to get it all to look the same.  There is no such thing as "I made an unrecoverable error but I have put too much work in it to rip it out to fix it to make it right."   (you might be surprised that a lot of people say this in the help section)  If it's wrong, it's wrong.  And you can't really 'patch' crochet and go on.

I am also not being mean to the new kid on the 'ville, I've been crocheting for decades and have ripped out miles and miles of yarn over that time in projects where I've found a boo-boo, and re-made them to make them 'right', and yes many of those items were ripped back to the beginning.  

....and Bgs has said the same thing as I was about to hit post.