TC into previous row CH and into skipped ST

jujubee516

Question

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help with explaining or linking a video on the underlined portion of Row 11 below. I've included row 9 & 10 in case that's helpful.

ROW 9: 3 SC in first ST. SC in each ST across. (2 SC, CH 3, 2 SC) in corner. SC in each ST across. 3 SC in final ST. CH 3, turn. (70 SC)

ROW 10: Repeat row 4, changing to color B as you pull through your final ST. CH 1, turn. (42 DC)

(ROW 4: 2 DC in first ST. * CH 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to corner. (CH 1, DC, CH 3, DC, CH 1) in corner. DC in next ST. * CH 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to last two ST. CH 1, 3 DC in final ST. CH 1, turn. (18 DC)

ROW 11: 3 SC in first ST. SC in each of next 2 ST. * TC behind previous row CH and into the skipped ST from two rows below. SC in top of next ST. * repeat from * to * across to last CH 1 before the corner. SC around CH 1 and in next DC. (2 SC, CH 3, 2 SC) in corner. SC in next ST, around the next CH, and in next DC. Repeat from * to * across until a single CH and skipped ST remain. TC behind previous row CH and into skipped ST from two rows below. SC in each of next 2 ST. 3 SC in final ST, changing to color A as you pull through your final ST. CH 1, turn. (34 TC, 52 SC)

I've tried looking for videos but had no luck. I'm also confused by the "into the skipped ST from two rows below" as there seems to be no skipped stitch two rows below (Row 9). 

Also, does SC in top of next stitch  mean SC in top loop of next stitch?

Thank you!!

Edited by jujubee516

4 answers to this question

(ROW 4: 2 DC in first ST. * Ch 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to corner. (CH 1, DC, CH 3, DC, CH 1) in corner. DC in next ST. *Ch 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to last two ST. CH 1, 3 DC in final ST. CH 1, turn.turn.

I highlighted the ch1, skip next st in red.  You are working row 10 but skipping stitches in row 9.  These are the skipped stitches two rows below that row 11 is telling you to treble crochet into. 

18 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

^agree with Bgs.  I think the 'sc in top of next stitch' just means 'sc into the next st of the current row in the usual way, thru both top loops', as opposed to the odd maneuver you just made working 2 rows below.

Thank you!!

26 minutes ago, bgs said:

(ROW 4: 2 DC in first ST. * Ch 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to corner. (CH 1, DC, CH 3, DC, CH 1) in corner. DC in next ST. *Ch 1, skip next ST, DC in next ST * across to last two ST. CH 1, 3 DC in final ST. CH 1, turn.turn.

I highlighted the ch1, skip next st in red.  You are working row 10 but skipping stitches in row 9.  These are the skipped stitches two rows below that row 11 is telling you to treble crochet into. 

Thank you!!