Altering pattern

Jodi2022

Question

Hi all, I found a pattern for a crochet interlocking rings baby blanket which is super cute - but I want to make the interlocking rings larger to end up with a larger blanket. 

The current pattern in chain 15, slapstitch into chain start, then 2 double crochet (treble uk) into each of the 15 chain stitches. This makes a nice little ring. I want to increase the size of this but have tried just increasing the chain numbers and that doesn't work at all - is it possible to.make a larger circle so I can interlock them? 

Thanks in advance 

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, bgs said:

If this is the blanket and  the goal is to make a larger blanket the easiest thing to do is keep adding rings to the strip and then add more strips.  

:) thanks  - sorry, I should have said I'm making it s temperature blanket with a ring for each day so can't increase the number of circles   :)

You could use a bulkier yarn and larger hook. Also the ones I saw you work all the double crochets into the chain space and not into the chains.  You should be able to make larger circles by increasing number of chains and then increase number of double crochets into the chain space.  It will make larger gaps in your blanket.  You will have to figure it out by trial and error.  Then you will have to add stitches when working around them to form your strip.  You could just stick with the pattern as is and enlarge it by adding more to the border.

If you're using the the pattern that bgs posted the link to, it has six rows of 20 rings each. That's 120 rings, so a ring for each day will already be a larger blanket. I didn't see any measurements in the pattern. Have you tried it to see the dimensions of one strip. You might make a strip for each month which of course would require altering the edging of the strips. You might also try adding more edging to each strip before they are put together.