Help

jessicahamiltonn065

Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Unless I'm having a failure of imagination (entirely possible), that's going to put an ugly raised seam on the right side of the toy.  Is that suppose to be what it looks like?

When I've attached legs on to a body, I've left a long tail and sewn them on, after the body & leg are stuffed.  I also machine sew so I pin them in position, you could probably skip that step but just keep checking that nothing shifts as you go.   The leg is stuffed and 'open' at the point it joins the body so you are sewing a circle.*  I use a mattress stitch.  This is one way to do it, this demo shows stitching up with a contrasting color so you can see it hardly shows.

Does what I said jibe with what the toy is supposed to look like?  I found this oddly colorized example that makes the 'assembly' easy to see, these legs appear to be sewn on the way I described.

This is a technique rare but used and if done correctly it works.  You attach the legs in the row indicated as you are crocheting the body.  It sounds like with the row markers, heel markers, etc. you've been prepping to do this as directed. 

I'm actually creating legs for a pattern that I don't wish to sew the legs on using a different method for an ornament.  There are lots of different ways to get to the end.

That being said if you are set on sewing them one it can be done, you just have to decide how you wish to position them on the body and sew them on.  It may have a different finished look than the pattern but that is sometimes how it happens.

Cute bunny!  That yarn is just asking to be cuddled.  :manyheart 

OK, the arms make sense now, contrary to my guess and the other toy I linked they are 'not anatomically correct' and are crocheted on in a linear seam to the body/shoulder, which would be ugly if the process of sewing on the head to the body/arm assembly didn't cover it up.

At the end of the head, a long yarn tail is left to sew the head to the body, in what appears to be a circle as I described earlier.  

Edited by Granny Square