Crochet pattern

Pamela Stoneman

Question

2 answers to this question

Its hard to help without more info but I will make a guess.  Is this the exact wording?  If so it sounds like this may have been run thru a translator and translated crochet patterns often come out odd.  My wild guess is that you have reached the point where you need to place a htr in your turning ch 2.  The ch 2 would count as a htr.

Hi, welcome to the 'ville.

One creative thing about crochet is that you can stick your hook just about anywhere in your fabric, yarn over and make a stitch.

So where is this HTR with the chains coming out of it?  Is it in the row below?  Is the pattern on the 'net that you could link to, so we can see what is going on?  I can imagine a few scenarios but it would be better to have more information to explain YOUR scenario.

If you make a HTR, or any stitch, and then make 2 chains, the chains are really made 'into the air' adjacent and to the left of the HTR (assuming you are right handed), so the top of the HTR is still 'open' and available to be stitched into, would look sort of like this ° ° H.

Is this at the end of a row, where the 2 chains is a turning chain?  (in which case, when you turn, the chains would be vertical not horizontal, but still not 'using up' the top of the HTR that came before).  Or, Is it telling you to make a picot perhaps?

Oops, I blinked and didn't see BGS's had posted just before I did.

Edited by Granny Square