Need this pattern

Teresa Gihon

Question

5 answers to this question

It appears to be varigated yarn, crocheted as a long chain, with the next row crocheted as single crochet, and the third row crocheting the chain together in sections leaving a "gap" and then crocheted on the back for one row, and the next row crocheting portions together to complete the pattern.

I'll take a look.  I am guessing it is similar (in concept, not shape) to those round spiral patterns (that look like those round peppermint candies, but you can make them as big as a blanket), where you start with color 1, work a little bit, join color 2, work a little bit, go back to color 1, work a little, and so on.  I am pretty sure we are looking at the tail end, not the beginning.

Did the link where you found the pattern give a name (since it gave the yarn used, I thought it might?)  

Edited by Granny Square

Entirely not it; this is Bruges lace, I've done this type of lace and it actually would be easier to do that what I was imagining above.  Just throwing it out there in case it appealed to you. This is in a book that you would have to locate, but if you are interested here is a tutorial  with stitch diagrams--this would be the leftmost pattern in the second section of photos and diagrams (the bottom section of illustrations).  

Edited by Granny Square

We linked to the same page :D  I have done 1 Bruges doily and am no expert, but I've never seen Bruges without the connecting chains between the 'folds'; I don't really think the OP's item IS Bruges, just that it could be approximated using the Bruges technique.

I am also pretty certain the original had to have been made with 2 skeins used in a 'bit of skein 1, bit of skein 2' sort of way, the way the stitches are made into each other--below I've marked the 2 separate skeins I'm seeing.

This is an example of one of those 'pepermint candy spirals' that I mentioned.  I tried this and thought it was pretty, but annoying to make.

Folded stitch scarf.jpg