Lost Pattern

Rharha3

Question

Hello. My name is Rosalyn. I’ve crocheted off and on for several years. A few years back, I found a pattern I liked and crocheted for my sis’s birthday. I don’t remember the name of it so I can’t find it online again. It was a very simple double crocheted body and then it had, what I call, elaborate square panels as the border. Each square had a beautiful circle in the middle and then turned into a square. My sister has the afghan still. The problem is, without the pattern, I’m no good at trying to recreate the afghan by count. There are 28 squares around the body of the afghan. Has anyone ever heard of a pattern similar to this or might someone be able to recreate the pattern if shown a photo?

5 answers to this question

So far I havent found a pattern.  I cant see in the photo well enough to actually count stitches.  Looks like you start out with chains, joining to form circle.  Then work lots of stitches probably double crochets in the circle.  You are going to need to count them to know how many.  The open areas are made by chaining, skipping stitches, then single crochet.  There again you will need to count the stitches on your original square. Then it looks like shells made into the center chains not in chain space.  You will need to count the number of stitches that make up a shell and they are probably double crochets. Then it looks like 2 more rounds of chains, single crochets in chain space.  Then a round of double crochet, so many chains, skip so many spaces , double crochet.  Then a round of single crocheting in chain spaces and double crochets.  

I've looked everywhere I can think of and nothing stands out.  I'll check a few more sites, but, no promises.

Edited by ReniC