Pattern for Moonlight Mohair

bluefae

Question

3 answers to this question

Mohair yarn is kind of larger than it seems because of its large halo and can be difficult to frog back if you make a mistake.

I don't know what sort of sweater you'd like but the stitches should be simpler and kind of airy to help with the trickiness of mohair. 

Hello and welcome!

Here is a search for moonlight mohair projects on Lion Brand's website:

https://www.lionbrand.com/search?q=moonlight mohair

Here is the search on Ravelry which you have to join to see but it is free to join.

https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/lion-brand-moonlight-mohair/projects?view=cards&view=cards&search=&crafts[]=crochet&crafts[]=&categories[]=sweater

Please note that Ravelry is a database and not necessarily a pattern store.  You can buy some patterns through them.  You can find some links through them. Sometimes it is an old magazine but at least you know what to look for from ebay or Amazon.  The search I posted will give you ideas of what to make.

Good luck!

Welcome to the 'ville!

This is a discontinued bulky weight yarn, so you might want to think smaller project if you don't have a LOT of skeins of this yarn on hand - in other words maybe a hat/scarf set or a vest.  Bulky yarn typically comes in only a fraction of the yardage as medium weight (like Red Heart Super Saver).  This brand was put up in only 82 yard skeins, RHSS for example = 364 yards per skein.

You mentioned 'womens', I don't know if you meant 'for a woman' or that range of larger sizes.

Here is a very plain pullover pattern that has 3 sizes, (S/M, L/XL, 2X/3X) that takes 954, 1010, 1310 yards of the same weight as the Midnight Mohair.  A plain patterns for mohair-like yarn is a good thing, aside for being easier (maybe), a complicated stitch pattern won't show up anyway.  That yardage translates to 11.6 skeins, 12.3 skeins, 16 skeins of your yarn depending on size.

Edited by Granny Square