Reading Pattern

VIC1

Question

I am using a simple pattern for an infant sandal newborn.  In the instruction for the sole is says (sc, 2sc) in next 3,(stitches)-  that makes no sense to me.  To me it says 3 sc in next 3 stitches.  What do I do?

5 answers to this question

Hmm.  Something is missing; is this a free pattern on the net, or is there a photo of the sandal on the net for more clues if it's a paid pattern?  

It would make sense if it maybe said (sc, 2sc) 3 times perhaps, so over 6 stitches you'd end up with 9 (in other words:  *sc in 1 stitch, 2 sc in the next stitch, repeat from * twice more).  But I'm guessing.

Thanks, found it on Ravelry.  I think you need to find another pattern by another designer, this one is very poorly written and the numbers don't add up.  

Most shoe-soles are worked in an oval, and this does, There are only 3 projects--1 person managed to make them by winging it apparently, and 2 others tried and gave up.

• Like 1

After looking at round 3 on the larger size  (sc, 2sc) in next 3 stitches should be (sc, 2sc) 3 times

(sc, 2 sc) 3 times means to make 1 sc into one stitch of previous round,  then make 2 sc into the next stitch of the previous round.  Do this sequence 3 times.

(sc, 2 sc) in next 5 stitches should be (sc, 2 sc) 5 times.

• Like 1