Foundation Row Hack

ReniC

Just got this in my email for a great idea on how to start a Tunisian Crochet foundation Row by One Dog Woof. She states it does not prevent curling though. This is the only knitting stitch I have mastered! LOL

Well that's clever, I knit and I never would have thought to use a knit cast-on for Tunisian, duh - not all of knit cast ons would work, but that version 'has more to it' than some others.  

Psst...knits and purls are easy...pretty much like slip stitches with more rules.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Granny Square said:

Well that's clever, I knit and I never would have thought to use a knit cast-on for Tunisian, duh - not all of knit cast ons would work, but that version 'has more to it' than some others.  

Psst...knits and purls are easy...pretty much like slip stitches with more rules.

I haven't tried the hack yet but will the next time I make any Tunisian crochet.

Oh goodness! Granny Square, I am such a clutz with my old fingers. My mother was such an outstanding knitter and the most patient person on this planet. After many years of her trying to teach me to knit, I gave up. Some years ago, I bought metal and some wood knitting needles and about every 6 months or so, I pick them up and try again. I suppose I just do not have the patience anymore. I understand how to knit the stitches (to me that's the easy part), it seems I've just become very uncoordinated. Who knows, maybe someday I'll at least be able to make a dishcloth.       LOL

• Like 1