Amigurumi Curling- Please save!!!!

Mystic333

Question

So I’m doing an oval shape and I’ve gotten quite far because I thought the curling would not get bad.... it has!!! I’m now on a DC for a lot of rounds how can I save this project?! (The curling, does it really matter will the stuffing fill it out????)

2 answers to this question

Its entirely possible that its supposed to curl but without more info we really cant be of much help.  What are you making? Links to the pattern and or photos would help along with a photo of piece you are asking about.  

• Like 1

Agree with Bgs, there are a number of possibilities going thru my mind with what you mean by curling.  Do you mean ruffling at the edges, or forming a cup shape?  For most stuffed things, you probably want it to form a cup sort of shape for a while, that eventually reverses direction and closes itself up.  (edited for clarity - meaning, a stuffed toy's head for example might be spherical or capsule-shaped, which is what I meant by a shape starting as a cup, 'reversing direction' to close the cup with a domed lid to make a roundish solid shape)

You mentioned DC, are you in the UK and meaning a UK DC?  Asking because stuffed items are usually made in the denser UK DC stitch, which is the same as US SC.  If you are in the US and following a UK pattern, it would be unsuitable for stuffing for one thing, and form an unintended shape for another.

Edited by Granny Square